Youth Challenge Admission Process
Criteria: Pupils referred to Youth Challenge will either be:
- Permanently excluded from mainstream school
- New to the authority having previously attended an OOB alternative provision
- On the verge of exclusion
- Requiring a vocational offer
- In need of some respite to support their place in mainstream school
- Requiring specialist A/P phase 1 strategies
Referral process: Requests for admission to Youth Challenge from Bolton Local Authority, Schools and Out of Borough organisations should be made directly to the Academy Lead.
Bolton LA Referral should be made using the academy information passport. If the pupil has an early help this must be reviewed and transferred over to a lead professional at Youth Challenge.
Bolton schools and Out of Borough organisations should make Initial referrals for consideration on the BIT traded referral form. If the pupil is offered a place further information in the form of the information passport should be provided. We may request additional information to support the referral.